One of the most frequently asked questions about creating websites on Squarespace is, “Can I create multiple websites with Squarespace?”
In this article, we will provide an answer to your ever-burning question. We’ll also teach you how to create multiple websites with Squarespace as well as answer other queries relating to this topic.
But before we dive right in, let’s elaborate on what multiple websites entail.
What Is A Multiple Website??
Multiple websites are an efficient approach for businesses to serve their various audiences better. They are a realistic alternative for larger firms covering a broad product/service line while operating on a larger scale.
Multiple websites suit larger established organizations with a solid reputation and more resources in terms of budget and workforce. But there’s a lot more to it than that.
Benefits of a Multiple Website
There are good reasons to own multiple websites. Learn the benefits of having multiple websites with Squarespace.
1. Market to a Large Audience
Regardless of their industry, companies struggle to connect with many audiences using a single website. Customers have different expectations for your products and services.
Thus, having many websites is helpful in this situation. It helps to address the need for diverse messaging.
As a result, you may cater to your various target groups’ interests and concerns.
2. Target Multiple Locations
Does your business have multiple local presences? To strengthen your relationship with your local clients, create multiple websites with geo-specific domains.
Thus, you can make your website user-friendly when you customize content and style. It demonstrates your commitment to the local market. Also, it gives you the ability to earn their trust.
For instance, if you’re targeting Australia and Singapore, www.yourbusiness.au and www.yourbusiness.sg domain names can help you build a stronger local presence.
3. Showcase Your Expertise
You can showcase your specialization if you have multiple websites for different niches. If you’re marketing more than one brand or company speciality, use targeted keywords.
Furthermore, you can avoid getting penalized by search engines for cramming your website with too many terms. It is a practice known as “keyword stuffing.”
This helps you generate specific and value-driven content. And it also makes your website effective in the long run.
Can I Create Multiple Websites With Squarespace?
Yes, you can create multiple websites with Squarespace! Squarespace accounts enable you to manage several sites at the same time. Each one has its own billing subscription.
However, you will pay for each website you design separately. This is because Squarespace doesn’t offer multi-site plans.
Pay for Multiple Sites
Squarespace allows you to use the same username and passcode to log in and operate several sites. However, keep the following in mind:
- You’ll make payment for each site separately.
- Payment can be made using various credit cards.
- You can have several plans and billing periods for your sites.
- Squarespace does not presently offer multi-site discounts or plans.
- Each new website begins as a trial.
Can I Create Multiple Websites With One Domain?
You can create multiple websites on Squarespace with one domain. Using Google as an example, if you own it, you can use it. Also, you can add an endless amount of subdomains to your domain. Though, each of them will point to a particular website.
In addition, you can direct them to the same page if you wish.
What Is The Best Way To Point My Domain To A URL?
- First, you need to open a Google domain account.
- The domain name will be visible.
- Open the menu.
- When you click on it, you will receive access to the website.
- Add forwarding address under “Forward to an existing webpage.”
- Enter a URL or IP address in the “Website URL” column.
- If you’re ok with the default values, choose Forward.
Can You Have More Than One Website?
Multiple sites on Squarespace are of great advantage to your visitors, especially if your firm offers various items or services. If you have many firms with different websites, owning multiple domain names is always the best option.
How to Add Multiple Websites With Squarespace
To create new websites with Squarespace, follow these steps:
- Click here to access your account dashboard.
- Go to the top-right corner of your dashboard. Now, click “Create a website.”
- Choose a template.
- To begin your new demo, click Start with [template name].
- Once your new demo site opens, start uploading content.
- You can also start with a domain and then sign up for a trial to develop your site.
- Publish your site if you’re prepared to go live.
Repeat the above steps to add multiple websites to your Squarespace account.
Can I Transfer Multiple Websites With Squarespace to the Same Account?
If you have multiple websites with Squarespace, you can merge them into one account. Then you will be able to use the same login to visit all of your sites. Follow the steps below to learn how to transfer multiple websites with Squarespace:
- Choose which Squarespace account will accommodate all your sites.
- Send an invite to that account to join the site you want to transfer to.
- Accept the invite.
- To transfer site ownership, login back into the current site owner account.
- Repeat these processes for each site you want to transfer.
How to Switch Between Websites on Squarespace
Here’s how to switch between websites with Squarespace:
- Click here to Log in to your dashboard. Check the lists of your sites, domains, and other services associated with the account.
- On the dashboard tab, you will find a preview photo and title. You will also see the principal domain and account status for each site.
- Look for the website you need. To open the site in the same browser tab, hover over the preview image and click “Go To Website.”
- To see all domains associated with your profile, click Domains.
- Click “Manage Domain Settings” to open its linked site in the same browser tab.
Can I Delete a Website?
If you own multiple websites with Squarespace, you can delete outdated or demo sites linked to your account. However, we advise you to review your site before deleting it.
When you delete a site, its content permanently erases, and it completely halts your monthly subscriptions. Though, you can delete expired sites that have no ongoing subscriptions.
How to Delete Your Website
Step 1: Cross-check your website
Do you have multiple websites on your Squarespace account? Ensure to look at the one you wish to delete. Next, hover around the Home menu. Scroll down and click your profile image or initials to change sites.
You’ll see all the subscriptions associated with your account on your dashboard. Then, click “Go To Website” after hovering over the relevant site’s preview image.
Step 2: Delete the website
From the Home menu, go to Settings, and choose Billing.
ALSO READ; Can You Change Your Shopify Store Name?
Select Delete Site. Note that this option will not appear if the site has any active subscriptions.
To confirm, click Delete Site again on the screen that appears. You’ll receive a final warning to be sure. If you agree to delete it, click Delete Site.
The notification “Site Deleted” will pop up. This message will also be displayed to visitors to this URL.
However, you’ll experience the following after deleting your site:
- You will no longer have access to the site
- You won’t be able to modify anything.
- Visitors will be unable to access your website.
- Your website will not be visible on your account dashboard.
- Squarespace may need more than 30 days to remove the site from its database completely.
- Third-party domains that are linked to your site will be disconnected immediately.
- Though, you can manually disconnect domains before uninstalling the site.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I Gain Access to Another Website?
To access somebody else’s current Squarespace site, instruct them to add you as a contributor. Accept the invitation email you receive. After that, log in to the account. Squarespace allows you to add one contributor to the Website Personal plan (two, including the site owner).
You can add an unlimited number of contributors to different billing options. Though, contributors do not pay any additional fees.
Can I Have Two Different Websites with Squarespace?
Yes, but you must have the means to manage both sites and offer unique content. This is to guarantee that SEO does not affect both websites.
Can I Point my Websites With Squarespace to Many Domains?
Avoid using more than one domain for the same site if you plan to create a website. This will confuse search engines and spread out your domain authority, a ranking criterion that informs Google who you are, what you do, and how authoritative you are.
Is it Possible to Have Multiple Websites With Squarespace on a Single Domain?
The answer is yes! You can increase the number of domain names you wish to host on your web hosting subscription. Do this by adding domains or extensions.
Is It Possible To Point My Domain Name To Any Website?
It would be best to point your domain to a new host to make it accessible after switching hosting providers. Changing the nameservers for the domain is an easy way to accomplish this. The information about your new nameservers can be found in the domain’s DNS records. And the DNS will propagate after copying it.
Do You Own Your Websites With Squarespace?
Squarespace retains ownership of the content you post. However, you still own the legal right to offer, develop, market, and protect your services.
Is It Possible To Create Free Websites On Squarespace?
Is Squarespace available for free? NO! Squarespace does not provide a free plan. Its cheapest plan is “Personal.” And this plan costs $12 per month.
How Can Metricks Help You
1. Stress-free Affiliate Program
2. Free Trial
3. Fraud Prevention
4. Automated Payment System
Godsfavour is a passionate content strategist with an excellent flair for writing on various niches. With a bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Her natural knack for details, coupled with her love for the English language, helps her weave and spin words together to create a masterpiece. She’s passionate about business growth and development.